Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Gift of Hope

A Letter from an Appreciative Family




Sometimes we wonder if our good deeds, our donations or our if our outreach are really enough or if we are really helping. This holiday season, Building Bridges adopted out 22 families who are in need. Our volunteers bought gifts for each family and wrapped each and every one as if it were their own family.

Imagine the feeling that you might not be able to make Christmas magical for your children this year by granting their gift wishes and have your child ask why Santa isn't coming to their house this season. We all know the true meaning of Christmas but for an innocent child, it is still a time when wishes come true. 

Here is a letter from a very appreciative recipient of gifts this season. This is what drives me to help these families. This one family represents the many we have helped over the years and this season.  



Dear Mrs.S,
 
First of all, I want to say thank you so much for choosing our family to be adopted this Holiday season! The words "thank you" seem so small in comparison to the joy that you and the Building Bridges organization have given my family.
 
Yesterday, when I returned home, I was not expecting to see such a huge show of generosity, it brought tears to my eyes. I want you to know that you all are such a blessing. We had no idea how we were going to provide a special Christmas this year, as you know, things are very financially tight and have been for the last 3 Christmas'.
 
 Even when I received the letter that our family had been chosen to be adopted, I had no clue that it would be such a grand gesture. I don't mean to sound cliche, but you all have embodied the true spirit of Christmas. I am still baffled at the love and consideration given to our family by complete strangers. I cannot wait for the girls to open their gifts on Christmas morning, they will be so excited! 
 
Again, Thank you so much for making this Christmas a great one! I hope to be able to return the favor some day soon.
 
With much thanks and appreciation,
anonymous 


Even the smallest gesture of giving can be huge for someone who is in need. Thank you to the many who supported Building Bridges efforts this year. Give this season.

No comments: