Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween on the Flip Side (revised)


A Kid and Parent's Halloween Point of View

Kid: 
It's creepy things that lurk and hide.
It's scary movies where things die.


 Parent: 
Halloween is month long fun?
Not for me, but for my son.

Kid:
It's witches, goblins, ghosts and ghouls.

It's dressing up and going to school.

Parent:

It's choosing costumes months ahead
Changing minds, "I want this instead."

Kid:
It's corny mazes and the pumpkin patch.
It's creaky doors with a latch.

Parent:
They pick their pumpkins, 20 per?
I hand my cash right to her.
Carving's fun...to watch, you see,
All the work is done by me.

Kid:
Haunted houses, fear is fun.
Haunted forest where you must run.

Parent:
I thought that i-- had outgrown
Haunted houses that creak and moan. 
They make me go out of fear
They think it safe if I am near.

Kid:
Parties made for dressing up.
Grab a costume to put on pup.

Parent:
It's all the parties that I will drive,
I used to go to four or five.
I went out and had MY fun
Drop them off and now I'm done. 


Kid:
House to house we use our feet.
For Trick or Treating can't be beat.
And then... we eat and eat and eat and eat.

Parent:


House-- to-- house--we-- use-- our-- feet.
Trick or treating up the street.
All the candy to rot their teeth
It's the dentist, we bequeath.

I say all this, I do complain.
But I love it all just the same.














1 comment:

Amber Housey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.