Sunday, November 7, 2010

What Have We Done

Last night, on the spur of the moment, we added another furry animal to our clan. We bought another Cockapoo puppy at our School's Auction. The fact that the money goes to the school helped us in our decision. She is all black with a white beard and bib. She is so sweet. I must say, when we got home, a bit of panic set in. The kids didn't even know about it. I had a moment of "What have we done?" Our other dog Mango, is so great and I wondered if adding another would change the dynamics too much. I slept on it and felt better in the morning. I truly enjoy training dogs. I am a HUGE Dog Whisperer fan and find satisfaction in forming a well adjusted happy dog. Am I perfect? By no means, but for the most part, I do ok. Our kids came home and went crazy for the puppy and also made Mango feel loved too. We are all very empathetic people so we all seem to feel for our animals too. I love seeing my kids that way. So we will see how this story turns out. I think I have to write a story for "Hurshey" now because I have a Flip Side story about Mango.

"From the dog's point of view, his master is an elongated and abnormally cunning dog. " ~Mabel Louise Robinson

No comments: