Saturday, October 23, 2010

Seeing it Work

There is nothing more rewarding then seeing a light bulb go off when someone begins to realize my mission to spread the Flip Side. I love it when someone comes to me and says, "I tried to look at the Flip Side today." That's it! Today, my friend wrote me an email to say that she had a really rough day. A number of bad things happened, one being a situation with another person who accused her of something.  She was very disappointed by the situation but at the end of email, she said that she had tried to look at the Flip Side and that maybe he was just protecting his hard work. It doesn't fix the situation but it brings an understanding as to why someone might be doing something. It probably kept her calmer and more rational. Our first instinct is to get upset and emotional instead of realizing someone's actual intent or reason for acting that way.

I am still struggling on the flip side with a person who is causing me distress. I have a hard time understanding "Mean" people or people who are blatantly rude. In an attempt to understand this person, I have inquired about them to a close friend who is close to her.  He gave me some important insight that I was already suspecting about her personality.  I used this information to help me understand her and gauge my interaction with her. Over and over she disappoints me with her rudeness. It causes me such distress that I have almost given up.  Then, she gives me a glimpse of her true personality that she protecting so well. She's a  little like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.  This is a person that I have to interact with often so this is why I am trying so hard. It is very exhausting and I am not sure how long I can feel abused and attacked. I will do my best to continue to try.

Share your stories with me about how you have had to deal with the Flip Side.

One of my favorite quotes:
"Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to."  ~Author Unknown

No comments: