Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Do You Know a Scorpion?




There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.
A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him.
But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"
Don't give up loving.
Don't give up your goodness.
Even if people around you sting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very inspiring. I personally have someone in my life that no matter how much I try to love, they sting me. I will try and focus more on continuing to try and love them and not let that love turn into hate.

Rach said...

Your story sounds so familiar, but I have a snake in the grass at work. So I will take your advise and attempt to be kind to the snake no matter how many times in bits.

Amber Housey said...

I didn't see these comments. I am sorry I didn't respond. I am so glad you could relate to this. It isn't easy when someone isn't nice but again, we can control our own emotions by understanding that its the way they are and limit our interaction. Thank you for your comments. I love to hear what you have to say. ;)

charlie nitric said...

Hi Amber -

Where's Waldo, lol...I found you/the video ;). LOL.

I appreciate how you mentioned "killing the mean woman with kindness". Angry people aren't sure how to take that especially since they do in fact realize...let me reemphasize this...they understand they are mean people. That woman knows it and isn't quite sure how to respond to the kindness of another whom she is mean to. You also mentioned how you feel she is a good sole at heart.

We all deserve 2nd chances and have the power within us to change for the better. It's not your concern at this point if she will resort back to her own, not pretty nastiness. Take her newly found warmth today, embrace that with your own openness and kindness, and deal with her tomorrows when you get to that place.

Look at you, Amber! And nicely spoken, articulated, and message successfully passed on clearly. Kudos to you. P.S. "Miss-Miss, can I have your autograph?" hahaha ^5. Have a nice upcoming weekend with your family. :)