Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sign on the Dotted Line...





#3  Publishing Process
This is a re-post from a post done on 2/1/10. I am reposting to share the publishing process as I come closer to the completion and release of my upcoming book. It has been a long road but I am sure it will be worthwhile. Sharing with everyone already has been a great experience. 

                                                     February 1, 2010

So it is official for me today. I signed the contract to start my book and sent it to Marian. I am so excited to work with her and her team. This has been dream and now it is coming true. I am terrified at what this all entails but I am up for the challenge. When things seem hard, push through it with all your might. 


I am shy by nature, but I don’t want my kids to feel that way so I hold myself high. I am learning to be more assertive.  I (along with so many I am sure) am not comfortable, yet, speaking in front of adults. The more I do it, the more comfortable I get.  I put on my Sure deodorant and I don’t let em' see me sweat.  I might pass out in the process! 



I don’t have a problem in front of kids though. That doesn’t scare me. The kids are naturally accepting. They are naive to the fears of adults.  They want to be entertained and I usually know how to do that. The younger the better. Also, if I feel strongly about what I am talking about, I am obviously much more confident.
So now I am waiting for my “Project Manager”, Kris,  to call and set up an appointment to EDIT! My work is PERFECT so there won’t be much editing to be done (sarcasm). I AM KIDDING. She can do whatever she wants as long as she doesn’t change the premise and feeling of the story. I am not a perfect writer. I am the creative force that has BIG ideas generally with a scattered plan to carry them out. We creative folk irritate the organized people. I’ve been told. 


I have actually been diligently planning with my husband about how to market my book. We shall see what happens. I certainly hope they sell. I have accomplished impressing my family and some friends with my stories. I have a publisher who believes in them. I will have a book to show for it. Next, step is to make them sell. Prayers and begging might help. 
“You can speak well if your tongue can deliver the message of your heart.
Author: John Ford

No comments: